Indulge in the irresistible delight of Chocolate Covered Marshmallow Cookies, a delectable treat that combines the rich flavor of chocolate with the fluffy sweetness of marshmallows. These cookies offer a heavenly combination of textures and flavors, making them a favorite for any occasion, from cozy gatherings to festive celebrations.
The origin of Chocolate Covered Marshmallow Cookies traces back to the early 20th century, where they were initially popularized as a homemade treat. Over time, their popularity soared, and they became a beloved staple in bakeries and households alike. The allure of these cookies lies in their simplicity yet undeniable decadence, making them a timeless classic cherished by all generations.
For the Cookies:
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs (room temperature)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (plus 2 tablespoons)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 10 large marshmallows, cut in half
For the Frosting:
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup or honey
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons milk or cream
Making the Cookies:
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Cream together the softened butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy in a mixing bowl.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time, followed by the vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, salt, and cornstarch.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture, stirring until well combined.
- Roll the dough into 1-inch balls and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes, or until the cookies are set but still slightly doughy in the center.
- Remove from the oven and immediately press half a marshmallow onto the top of each cookie while they are still warm.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Making the Frosting:
- Melt the butter in a medium-sized glass bowl in the microwave for about 30 seconds.
- Add the cocoa powder, corn syrup or honey, powdered sugar, and milk or cream to the melted butter.
- Stir until the ingredients are well combined.
- Microwave for an additional 20 seconds, then stir again.
- Spoon the warm frosting over the cooled cookies, allowing it to drizzle down the sides.
- Allow the frosting to set before serving or storing the cookies.
Serving and Storage
These Chocolate Covered Marshmallow Cookies are best enjoyed fresh but can be stored in a tightly covered container at room temperature for up to three days. For longer storage, they can be frozen for several weeks. Serve these delightful cookies as a sweet treat for parties, gatherings, or simply indulge in them whenever the craving strikes.
Indulge your taste buds with the irresistible allure of Chocolate Covered Marshmallow Cookies. With their rich chocolate flavor, fluffy marshmallow topping, and decadent fudge frosting, these cookies are sure to delight your senses and leave you craving more. Whether enjoyed as a snack, dessert, or special treat, these cookies are a guaranteed crowd-pleaser that will have everyone coming back for seconds.