Indulge your taste buds with our mouthwatering Coconut Pound Cake recipe! This delectable treat is a delightful fusion of rich buttery flavor, tropical coconut essence, and hints of vanilla. Perfect for any occasion, whether you’re hosting a gathering or simply craving a sweet delight, this Coconut Pound Cake is sure to impress.
History of Coconut Pound Cake
The origins of pound cake date back centuries, with its name stemming from the traditional recipe that called for a pound each of flour, sugar, butter, and eggs. Over time, variations have emerged, incorporating a myriad of flavors and ingredients. Our Coconut Pound Cake pays homage to this classic dessert while adding a modern twist with the addition of sweetened flaked coconut and coconut extract, elevating its taste to new heights.
For the Loaf Cake:
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sweetened flaked coconut (plus extra for topping)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup Challenge unsalted butter (1 stick, melted)
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup milk
For the Glaze:
- 2 tablespoons Challenge butter (melted)
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon milk or cream
Preparing the Loaf Cake:
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and line a 9″x 5″ loaf pan with parchment paper or lightly grease with butter.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt, then set aside.
- In a food processor, blend 1/2 cup of coconut with 1/4 cup of sugar until finely processed, then set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, blend together the melted butter and 3/4 cup of sugar until smooth. Add the eggs one at a time, blending for 10-15 seconds between each addition.
- Add the processed coconut and sugar mixture to the bowl, stirring until well combined.
- Incorporate the coconut extract and vanilla extract into the mixture.
- Gradually add the flour mixture and milk to the batter in two batches, alternating between the two and mixing until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 55-65 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool in the pan for 30 minutes, then transfer it to a wire rack with a baking sheet below to catch the glaze.
Preparing the Glaze and Topping:
- After baking the cake, leave the oven on but reduce the temperature to 300°F.
- Spread 1/2 cup of coconut onto a baking sheet and bake for 3-4 minutes until toasted. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- Whisk together the melted butter, powdered sugar, coconut extract, vanilla extract, and milk to prepare the glaze. Adjust the consistency as needed.
- Pour the glaze over the cooled cake, allowing it to set for a few minutes.
- Sprinkle the toasted coconut over the top of the cake for a delightful finishing touch.
- Slice and enjoy the irresistible flavor of our Coconut Pound Cake!
Indulge in the divine taste of our Coconut Pound Cake, a perfect blend of moist, buttery goodness and tropical coconut flavor. Whether you’re treating yourself or sharing with loved ones, this recipe is sure to become a favorite. Try it today and elevate your dessert game to new heights!