Indulge in the delightful aroma and soft texture of homemade milk bread with this easy-to-follow recipe. Perfect for breakfast or as a snack, this bread recipe promises a moist and fluffy result every time. With simple ingredients and straightforward steps, you’ll soon master the art of baking this irresistible treat.
History of Milk Bread: Milk bread has a rich history dating back centuries, with its origins tracing to various regions across the globe. Known for its softness and slightly sweet flavor, milk bread has been a staple in many cultures, cherished for its versatility and comforting taste. Whether enjoyed plain, toasted, or used as sandwich bread, milk bread continues to captivate taste buds worldwide.
- 450 g flour
- 2 eggs
- 225 ml milk
- 25 g sugar
- A pinch of salt
- 50g butter
- 25 g fresh yeast
1. Activate the Yeast:
- Begin by warming the milk in the microwave for a few seconds.
- Add the sugar and fresh yeast to the warm milk, stirring gently to combine.
- Allow the mixture to rest for 10 minutes, allowing the yeast to activate and froth.
2. Prepare the Dough:
- In a separate bowl, sift the flour and add a pinch of salt, mixing well.
- After 10 minutes, pour the milk and yeast mixture into the flour.
- Beat the eggs in another container and add them to the flour mixture, blending until smooth.
- If the butter is firm, gently warm it in the microwave until soft. Add the softened butter to the dough and knead until fully incorporated.
3. Let the Dough Rise:
- Shape the dough into a ball and cover it with a cloth.
- Allow the dough to rise for 90 minutes in a draft-free environment, such as inside a microwave or cupboard.
- During this time, the yeast will work its magic, causing the dough to expand and become airy.
4. Shape the Bread:
- Once the dough has doubled in size, divide it into equal portions.
- Roll each portion into balls and flatten them slightly with a plate.
- Use a knife to cut the ends, giving the loaves a rectangular shape.
- Make three diagonal cuts on the surface of each loaf to create the traditional milk bread appearance.
5. Final Rise and Baking:
- Place the shaped loaves on a baking tray and cover them with a cloth.
- Allow the loaves to rest for an additional 25 minutes, allowing them to rise further.
- Just before baking, beat an egg and brush it over the tops of the loaves for a golden finish.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius and bake the milk bread for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, turn off the oven and let the bread rest for another 5 minutes before removing it.
6. Enjoy Your Homemade Milk Bread:
- Once baked, allow the milk bread to cool slightly before slicing and serving.
- Whether enjoyed fresh out of the oven or toasted with your favorite toppings, this homemade milk bread is sure to impress with its soft texture and delicious flavor.
With its simple ingredients and easy-to-follow steps, this homemade milk bread recipe is perfect for beginners and experienced bakers alike. Elevate your breakfast or snack time with the irresistible taste and aroma of freshly baked bread. Give this recipe a try and experience the joy of baking your own moist and fluffy milk bread at home.