Indulge in the delightful taste of homemade butter bread with this easy-to-follow recipe. Perfect for breakfast or as a tasty snack, this bread is sure to become a family favorite.
- 1 egg
- 150 ml of milk
- 80 grams of sugar
- 1 teaspoon bread yeast
- 300 grams of flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons of butter for the dough
- Butter to grease the layers
- Egg for brushing
- Add sugar, milk, salt, and yeast to the egg. Mix well. Add all the flour and mix again. Cover the bowl with a towel and let it rest for 20 minutes. Afterward, turn the dough out onto a floured surface.
- Begin kneading, gradually incorporating the softened butter. Knead the dough for at least 10 minutes. Cover and leave it to rest for an additional 20 minutes.
- Roll out the dough into a rectangle approximately 2 mm thick. Grease it with butter. Shape it as shown in the video. Roll up the dough and cut it into pieces of a maximum of 2 cm. Divide in half and place in greased molds. Allow it to rise for 1 hour.
- Brush the risen dough with a mixture of egg and milk. Bake at 170 degrees for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Enjoy the heavenly aroma of freshly baked butter bread as it fills your kitchen. This recipe yields a deliciously soft and flavorful bread that pairs perfectly with your favorite spreads or can be enjoyed on its own.
Top 3 Tips for Perfect Butter Bread
- Knead Thoroughly: Ensure to knead the dough for at least 10 minutes to activate the gluten, resulting in a light and airy texture.
- Use Fresh Yeast: For the best rise and flavor, use fresh bread yeast. Check the expiration date on the packaging.
- Allow Proper Rising Time: Patience is key. Letting the dough rise for the recommended time ensures a fluffy and well-textured bread.
1. Can I use margarine instead of butter?
While butter adds a rich flavor to the bread, margarine can be used as a substitute. However, the taste may vary slightly.
2. Can I freeze the dough for later use?
Yes, you can freeze the dough after the first rise. Make sure to thaw it in the refrigerator before proceeding with shaping and baking.
3. What is the best way to store the baked butter bread?
Store the bread in an airtight container or a plastic bag at room temperature for up to 3 days. For longer storage, freeze the sliced bread and toast it when needed.
Homemade butter bread is a joy to make and a delight to savor. With a few simple ingredients and a bit of patience, you can enjoy the satisfaction of creating a fresh, flavorful loaf from the comfort of your home.