Welcome to our kitchen where we craft culinary delights that tantalize the taste buds and leave you craving for more. Today, we’re thrilled to share with you our exquisite Italian Pineapple Pie recipe, a delightful fusion of tropical sweetness and Italian charm. This indulgent treat promises to transport you to the sun-kissed shores of Italy with every heavenly bite. Let’s dive into the delectable world of flavors and aromas as we embark on this culinary journey together.
Pies have been a cherished part of Italian culinary heritage for centuries, with each region boasting its own unique variations and flavors. While traditional Italian pies often feature savory fillings, the introduction of tropical fruits like pineapple has added a delightful twist to classic recipes. The marriage of juicy pineapples with rich, buttery pastry creates a harmonious symphony of flavors that captivates the senses and delights the palate. Our Italian Pineapple Pie pays homage to this rich culinary tradition while offering a modern twist that’s sure to impress even the most discerning food enthusiasts.
- Canned pineapples with rings – 1 jar (425 ml)
- Cherries or sweet cherries, fresh or cocktail – 8 pcs.
- Eggs – 4 pcs.
- Salt – a pinch
- Butter – 100 g
- Vanillin or vanilla sugar – 1 sachet
- Milk – 50 ml
- Flour – 170 g
- Baking powder – 10 g
- Pineapple syrup – 150 ml
- Pineapple jelly (any is possible) – 1 pack
1. Preparing the Pan and Filling
- Preheat your oven to 170-175 degrees Celsius.
- Take a round detachable cake form with a diameter of 22 cm. Line the bottom of the form with parchment paper and grease it with butter.
- Arrange the pineapple rings on the bottom of the pan, ensuring they cover the surface evenly. Place a cherry in the center of each pineapple ring.
- If using fresh cherries, halve them and remove the pits before placing them in the pineapple rings.
2. Mixing the Batter
- Separate the egg whites from the yolks into two separate bowls.
- In a bowl with the egg whites, add a pinch of salt and beat until stiff peaks form. Gradually add 70 g of sugar while continuing to beat until the mixture is glossy and holds stiff peaks.
- In another bowl with the egg yolks, beat them with the remaining sugar (130 g) until pale and creamy. Add vanillin or vanilla sugar for added flavor.
- Melt the butter and mix it with milk. Add this mixture to the beaten egg yolks and combine well.
- Sift the flour and baking powder together, then add them to the egg yolk mixture. Mix until smooth and well incorporated.
3. Combining the Batter
- Carefully fold the beaten egg whites into the egg yolk mixture using a spatula. Gently stir from bottom to top until the batter is smooth and uniform in texture.
4. Baking the Pie
- Pour the prepared batter over the pineapple and cherry layer in the cake form.
- Place the cake form in the preheated oven and bake for 45 minutes or until the pie is golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
5. Preparing the Impregnation
- While the pie is baking, prepare the impregnation by dissolving the pineapple jelly in pineapple syrup over low heat until completely dissolved.
6. Finishing Touches
- Once the pie is baked, remove it from the oven and allow it to cool slightly.
- Carefully invert the pie onto a serving plate, ensuring that the pineapple layer is now on top.
- Using a teaspoon, gently pour the prepared pineapple jelly impregnation over the warm pie. The jelly will be absorbed immediately, adding moisture and flavor to the pie.
- Serve the Italian Pineapple Pie warm, allowing the flavors to meld together for an unforgettable dining experience.
- Garnish with additional cherries or whipped cream if desired.
Indulge in the luscious flavors of our Italian Pineapple Pie and treat yourself to a slice of paradise. Buon Appetito!