Welcome to a culinary delight that will tantalize your taste buds and leave you craving for more! Our No-Bake Lemon Raspberry Cheesecake is a heavenly creation that marries the tangy zest of lemon with the luscious sweetness of raspberries, all encased in a velvety smooth cream cheese filling. Perfect for those warm summer days or any occasion when you need a refreshing and indulgent dessert.
History of No-Bake Cheesecake
No-bake cheesecakes have a fascinating history that traces back to ancient civilizations. The concept of cheesecake itself dates back to ancient Greece, where it was served to athletes during the first Olympic games in 776 BC. However, the modern iteration of the no-bake cheesecake gained popularity in the mid-20th century as a convenient and quick dessert option that didn’t require the hassle of baking. Since then, it has evolved into a versatile treat, with endless variations to suit every palate.
For the Crust:
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
For the Filling:
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy cream, whipped
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
For the Topping:
- 1/2 cup raspberry jam
- Fresh raspberries and lemon slices for garnish
Prepare the Crust:
- Combine graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, and sugar in a bowl.
- Press the mixture into the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan, ensuring an even layer.
- Chill the crust in the refrigerator while you prepare the filling.
Make the Filling:
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the softened cream cheese until smooth and creamy.
- Add granulated sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice, and vanilla extract to the cream cheese, and beat until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, whip the heavy cream until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture until fully incorporated.
- Carefully fold in the fresh raspberries, ensuring they are evenly distributed throughout the filling.
Assemble and Chill:
- Remove the prepared crust from the refrigerator.
- Spoon the creamy filling over the chilled crust, spreading it out evenly with a spatula.
- Smooth the top of the cheesecake filling with a spatula or the back of a spoon.
- Cover the cheesecake with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours, or preferably overnight, to allow it to set.
Add the Topping and Garnish:
- Before serving, gently warm the raspberry jam in a saucepan or microwave until it becomes thin and spreadable.
- Spread the warmed raspberry jam evenly over the chilled cheesecake filling.
- Decorate the top of the cheesecake with fresh raspberries and lemon slices for a vibrant and elegant finish.
Serve and Enjoy:
- Slice the chilled cheesecake into portions using a sharp knife.
- Serve each slice on a dessert plate and indulge in the creamy, fruity goodness of this no-bake delight.
- Store any leftovers in the refrigerator, tightly covered, for up to several days.