- 150g of sugar
- 250g of wheat flour
- 150g butter
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 small tablespoon of baking powder
- Mix the sugar and butter in a bowl, using a wooden paddle or with an electric mixer.
- Add the egg and vanilla to the mixture. Continue beating until a smooth, lump-free liquid mixture is formed.
- Add the baking powder and wheat flour slowly, stirring constantly until you get a fine and homogeneous paste.
- Put the vanilla cookie dough in the fridge for 2 hours to harden.
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C or 350 °F with 10 minutes to go until the cooling time is up.
- Take the dough out of the fridge and roll it out with the help of a rolling pin until it is the right thickness, 0.5 cm or less.
- Cut the cookies with a mold, glass, or knife depending on the shape and size you want to give them.
- Grease a baking tray and place the cookies, keeping enough distance between them to prevent sticking when they grow.
- Put the tray in the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove the vanilla cookies from the oven and allow them to cool to room temperature.
- Serve and enjoy.